|Experience Level||Employment Type||Location|
|7 – 10 Years||Full-Time||Mumbai – Chembur (Corporate Office)|
About the company
CredAble is a technology-powered supply chain funding solutions company and NBFC. CredAble leverages its trade finance expertise, technology platform and access to 3rd party capital to arrange funding programs for enterprise supply chains. Programs are anchored around enterprise clients and provide funding linked to transactions with suppliers (payables) and distributors (receivables).
Investors in CredAble include Alpha Capital, an India focused investment manager investing in consumer focused and/or disruptive technology-enabled businesses.
About the role
The Head of Legal leads efforts across execution of legal documentation, legal due diligence, designing and implementing corporate governance best practices, compliance and litigations.
- Legal Documentation and Due Diligence
- Maintains updated versions of all standard form legal agreement templates
- Leads documentation efforts on all agreements with or concerning enterprise customers, financial institution and NBFC partners, investors/shareholders and inter-corporate arrangements
- SPOC for legal due diligence while interacting with credit rating agencies, lenders and investors
- Provide legal advice with respect to transaction structures and programs that may be implemented and work with external legal firms wherever applicable to opine on the legality of transaction structures
- Corporate Governance
- Designing and implementation of best practices in corporate governance. Convenes and conducts Board, Committee and Shareholder meetings per statutory and governance best practices.
- Creates a time-based annual schedule of all compliance requirements
- Compliance requirements may include but are not limited to the following:
- Compliance with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines and circulars
- Monthly/quarterly returns per Companies Act
- KYC Policy, Anti-money laundering policy, central KYC norms, sanctioned list of borrowers, fraud policy
- Information sharing requirements with RBI, MCA and others including periodic and event driven requirements
- Board meetings/Annual General Meetings
- Labour laws and contract labour regulation act
- Permits in connection with new business incubation
- Customer related compliance issues more particularly Fair Practice Code and Grievances Redressal
- Liaising with external counsel and representing the Company in corporate level litigations (RBI/ROC/Others)
- Strong commercial orientation and communication skills
- Experience with trade finance, structured finance and/or NBFC operations
- Excellent process and stakeholder management skills
- Degree in CS and Law – LLB/LLM from reputed law colleges
- 7-10 years of experience post qualification including significant experience with trade finance, structured finance and/or NBFC operations